Welcome to the [LJC] Forum. Forum Index Welcome to the [LJC] Forum.
Clan Discussions, Linux Help, WineX Help, and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What MOVIES/SHOWS are all about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the [LJC] Forum. Forum Index -> Movie Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[LJC]the1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: What MOVIES/SHOWS are all about. Reply with quote

I'm not that kind of a person that has a schedule of tv shows to watch ever week which I can't miss by any means. As a matter of fact, I do not watch regular television at all, even more so – I hate it.
- Today’s broadcast or cable channels are practically unwatchable, stuffed full of advertising and propaganda which I’m not going to be part of. I’m sure there are a few exceptions such as HBO or Showtime, last time I remember there were no advers on those channels, but then u have to pay up the extra few to get those. Either way, I prefer to stick to DVD movies or the Movie Theater: uninterrupted move watching, the way it should be. However, recently the Movie Theater has been injecting the audience with their “pre movie advertisements” that are completely boring and make me want to vomit. What’s even more disturbing is that they make it sound as if it’s something people want to see. The thing that just totally gets to me is the fact that in order to get a decent seat at the movies you got to get there early, which means you pretty much stuck watching those crappy ass 20/20 shit.
- Ok, back to where I was getting to earlier. Tv Shows. Rarely does a TV show come out that actually is worthy to be watched, most of today’s programming is absolutely shit. That’s what brings me to LOST. I started to watch that show to kill some boredom last year and quickly became a phenomenal entertainment aspect. I watched the whole 1st season in one run last year, and was absolutely owned by it. I got my borther and few other friends hooked on the show, and they feel exactly the same. Since then I anxiously waited for the Second Season to end this year, and it finally did last week. This past weekend, I dedicated it to watch the whole second season of LOST in one run, once again…. and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. I don’t believe the 2nd season was as good as the first one, but it definitely has it’s strengths – as a matter of fact, it still owned! It resolved many questions that were presented in the first season, but also opened many more that make me look forward to the 3rd season. If you have not seen this show yet, I recommend it with out any doubt to anyone – it’s a must see for any audience.
- My next goal is to watch the whole second season of Battlestar Gallactica. This is another prime example of what a good TV series is all about - movie making at it’s best.

- I suggest you get your favorite bitTorrent client and get both season of both shows and start watching. It will be time well spent. I’ll report in detail of how the 2nd season of BSG was as soon as I’m done watching it.

Peace.

Last edited by [LJC]the1 on Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
RadMaN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I am working on Season 4 of The Next Generation now as a matter of fact hehe Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn dude.. will that mean you gonna lock urself in your room all saturday and sunday AGAIN!?!??!??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
[LJC]the1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is a possibility... but if u knock, i might come out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to the [LJC] Forum. Forum Index -> Movie Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: